Aquifer Film is committed to respecting your privacy and will ensure the personal information you provide will be protected and processed following the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and all other applicable data protection laws.
Please read this policy to ensure that you fully appreciate the purpose of Aquifer Film‘s processing of your personal information.
Aquifer Film is the Data Controller for your data. Please direct any queries, complaints, or data protection requests to [email protected]
Personal information we may collect
We may collect and process the following information:
- Your contact information, including your name and email address when you contact us through our website contact form
- Details about your computer or device, your browser type, IP address, and browsing activity while on our website
- Your marketing communication preferences
- Any additional personal information that you may provide to Aquifer Film, from time to time if you contact us by email, letter, or telephone, through the Aquifer Film website, or by any other means.
Why we use your personal information
We may use the personal information collected to:
- Provide our film production, photographic studio hire, and equipment hire services to you
- Manage our relationship with you, which may include notifying you about changes to the Aquifer Film services
- Ask you to leave a review or take a survey
- Communicate with you, and manage your involvement in Aquifer Film promotions, offers, and market research
- Reply to queries from you and other third parties, and inquiries from law enforcement agencies following applicable laws
- Evaluate the usefulness of advertising Aquifer Film may provide to you
- Meet our legal requirements, relevant industry standards, and contractual responsibilities, and
- Allow Aquifer Film to establish, exercise, or defend our lawful rights and legal claims.
How we collect your personal information
- The ways in which we may collect your information include:
- When you communicate with Aquifer Film through our website, including completing forms
- When you communicate with Aquifer Film by email, phone, post, and mail
- When you take an Aquifer Film survey
- When you submit feedback on our services
- If you communicate with us through our social media channels
- By way of direct marketing communications, and
- Information Aquifer Film may receive from external third parties and gain from publicly available sources.
Our basis for processing personal information
- Aquifer Film will only ever process your personal information where we have a legal basis that includes the following;
- The processing of your information is required by Aquifer Film to satisfy a contractual arrangement that we have agreed with you.
- Where Aquifer Film has requested you to provide unambiguous permission (Consent) to process your data for a particular purpose.
- Where Aquifer Film relies on our legitimate interests as a purpose for processing, but only if we have a compelling reason and there is negligible effect on your rights and freedoms.
- If Aquifer Film has a statutory or other legal obligation to process your information to comply with any applicable law.
Who do we share your data with?
Aquifer Film may share personal information with third parties for the following purposes:
- Third–party providers that support Aquifer Film operate our business, including providers of analytics, technology services, marketing, advertising, data storage, and hosting
- Law enforcement agencies and regulators, to meet Aquifer Film’s legal responsibilities and process requests or orders received from those bodies
- Courts, legal counsels, or other parties, where required by Aquifer Film, and in respect of legal proceedings, claims, and complaints in this context
- Where Aquifer Film is sold or unified with another organisation, our advisers and any potential purchaser’s adviser, and the new owners of the business.
You can disable cookies, though this may limit the functionality of the Aquifer Film website.
Aquifer Film may process your personal information for marketing activities. If you wish to opt out of such communications in the future, you can do so at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
Aquifer Film attaches great importance to data privacy and your personal information. In this case, we will take appropriate technical and management measures to ensure that your personal information under our control is protected.
We will implement appropriate security measures according to the type of processing and regularly review to check that they are still adequate.
Aquifer Film will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purpose it was collected, which means it will be destroyed when it is no longer needed.
In some cases, Aquifer Film may anonymise your personal information for research or statistical purposes (meaning it is no longer associated with you), in which case Aquifer Film may use this information indefinitely, without notice.
Children’s privacy protection
Aquifer Film services are not intended for children. We do not intentionally collect, retain or target data about children.
Under the GDPR and other applicable data protection laws, subject to your jurisdiction, you have the following data protection rights:
Right to access –
you can ask Aquifer Film to provide copies of personal information we may hold about you.
Right to rectification –
you may request that we correct any identified inaccuracies with your personal information.
Right to erasure –
you may ask that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Right to restrict processing –
you may ask that we restrict the processing of your data, subject to particular circumstances.
Right to withdraw consent –
where Aquifer Film has explicitly requested and obtained your consent for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent.
Right to object –
in certain circumstances, you have the right to object to the processing of your information unless Aquifer Film can show we have a compelling reason for continued processing.
Right to data portability –
you have the right, in certain situations, to ask Aquifer Film to transfer your personal information you have provided to us to another organisation or you.
Right to opt-out of marketing communications –
you have the right to request that you opt-out of Aquifer Film marketing communications.
Right to complain to a supervisory authority –
you have the right to complain to the appropriate supervisory authority where you perceive Aquifer Film has infringed your data protection rights.
If you wish to make a request to Aquifer Film, please see the “How to contact us” section for our contact details.
Aquifer Film does not transfer your information outside of the UK. If this were to change in the future, we would only transfer your information outside of the UK where suitable levels of protection are in place to ensure the privacy and security of your personal information and appropriate security measures followed that comply with the GDPR and other applicable privacy and data protection laws.
Non-UK residents: If you are accessing this website from a jurisdiction outside of the UK, please be aware that your data may be transferred outside of the jurisdiction you are located, and following the data transfer regime stated for UK residents.
Changes to this policy
Aquifer Film may make changes to this policy when needed, for example, compliance with legislative changes.
You are advised to review this policy frequently to keep up to date with all changes.
How to contact us